Discover the world of cosmetic dentistry
There are many reasons to visit a cosmetic dentist. The world of cosmetic dentistry is diverse, full of many new materials and techniques guaranteed to enhance your smile. Dr. Gerald Ward of Burbank Family Dentistry is a cosmetic dentist who keeps current with all the new, innovative dental treatments, including dental technology. When you visit Burbank Family Dentistry for a cosmetic dentist, you can be assured you will be offered state-of-the-art treatment to change your look and your smile.
You should consider visiting a cosmetic dentist if you have teeth that are:
- Heavily stained from smoking, coffee or medication use
- Broken or damaged from trauma or injury
- Crooked or poorly aligned from genetics
- Badly shaped or uneven from age-related wear
- Gapped or spaced apart from genetics
- Cracked or chipped from overuse
Your cosmetic dentist can correct the look of your teeth and smile by providing treatments including:
- Dental whitening treatments- designed to whiten teeth up to 8 shades with a convenient take-home treatment, or a speedy office treatment that takes about an hour
- Dental veneers- usually made of porcelain and placed over front teeth; veneers are thin laminates used to correct uneven, unsightly front teeth and mask defects to create a perfect smile
- Dental bonding- using a tooth-colored resin material called composite; bonding can close small gaps between teeth, change the color and the shape of teeth
- Contouring and reshaping- to cosmetically straighten or improve teeth that are chipped, cracked, overlapping or badly aligned; contouring and reshaping is often performed along with dental bonding
- Cosmetic fillings- using composite, these fillings can be matched perfectly to your existing tooth color, making them virtually invisible; they can be used to replace unsightly, bulky metal fillings
These are just some of the procedures available in cosmetic dentistry. You owe it to yourself to visit a cosmetic dentist and explore what can be done to improve your smile. After a full dental examination and x-rays, your cosmetic dentist can discuss your overall dental health and create a treatment plan to get you on your way to a great smile.
Give yourself the smile you deserve. Learn more about cosmetic dentistry at Burbank Family Dentistry by calling (708) 424-2900 today!